Tuesday, August 11, 2015

My Foray into Yoga/Letting Go

Here is another little bit I wrote last month, on the 23rd.


"So, with my foray into yoga I have found myself doing more introspection. I wish I had written this down last night when it came to me, but I was so tired I went straight to bed.

I feel like in some ways my issues with my body, i.e. feeling fat, or like I have fat is because my body is holding onto things because I am holding onto things and  not letting go. Until I am able to let go of these things I am not sure I will be able to either be where I want to be or feel happy/comfortable with where I am .

Now, I know physical condition is not what life is all about and that there is no right shape, size, etc. It is just that I think for me, these extra pounds are like the physical manifestation of those things that are weighing me down and holding me back from progressing in my life. I feel like once I am able to let go of these things and move past them, I will be able to feel more accepting of myself physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, and I will be lighter in all ways.

I am still not completely sure what it is that I need to let go of, as I feel like I have already let go of everything I need to let go. I feel now, that maybe I have not fully let go of some, even though I have tried.





So, my goal is to find a way to truly let go of these things and move forward with my life."

After reading that, I find it interesting, because although I have not lost any weight, I feel better about myself. I just started the 30 Day Yoga with Adriene challenge over again, I'm on Day 5 today. I feel stronger, I feel like my muscles are evolving and developing, and I'm feeling more comfortable in my own body. Definitely all good things to realize!

While I don't know for sure how much I have let go of yet, I do feel that I am on the right path, headed in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment