Friday, May 8, 2015

Gluten Free Sandwich Bread

So I made two loaves of bread tonight, based off of a different recipe then my very first gluten free bread. It is amazing the difference I feel in my abilities of gluten free baking in just a few short months. I think it was the beginning of February that I made my first gluten free bread. It looked like this.



Granted, it wasn't a loaf, more of a roll, but it wasn't the most beautiful thing in the world. Yummy? Yes. Attractive? Not so much. In the three months since I have done more baking, although not a ton of bread, besides the English Muffins from the previous post. I have made those a few times. Tonight was a sandwich bread recipe. And it turned out looking something like this.


Excuse the color, my phone did something weird, the bottom isn't really that yellow color. I wish I had taken a picture of the inside, because it was lovely! The texture was wonderful, and they both rose nicely. They are not perfect loaves of bread, but they are pretty good, in my opinion, after just a few months of gluten free baking. 

Now, I followed a recipe, and while the texture is amazing, the taste is not exactly what I want. Everyone else thought it was good, which it is, but since I have a lifetime of baking in front of me, I am being more critical. I will make the recipe again, but definitely tweak a bit. Probably substitute oat flour for the amaranth, and add in some salt for a start.

No comments:

Post a Comment