Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Apple Cinnamon Bread

A week or two ago I decided to attempt to convert my first "regular" recipe to gluten free, dairy free (except for butter), and egg free. I picked an apple cinnamon bread that I had made once before. Here is the original recipe. My converted recipe turned out to:

3/8 cup sorghum flour'
3/8 cup teff flour
3/8 cup potato starch
3/8 cup tapioca starch
2/3 cup sugar
3/4 stick butter
1/4 cup applesauce
1 T flaxseed
5 T water
1 1/2 t vanilla
1 3/4 t baking powder
1/8 t salt
1/2 c rice milk
1 apple

Mix dry ingredients together. Mix flaxseed with the water to make a flax egg. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix all ingredients together. Layer half of the dough in bread pan, add in apples, and cover with other half of batter.


It did not turn out perfectly beautiful, BUT it was delicious!! I felt a bit proud of myself for successfully converting my first recipe after only four months of this new baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment