Tuesday, July 15, 2014

New Leaf

“The chief beauty about time
is that you cannot waste it in advance.
The next year, the next day, the next hour are lying ready for you,
as perfect, as unspoiled,
as if you had never wasted or misapplied
a single moment in all your life.
You can turn over a new leaf every hour
if you choose.” 
― Arnold Bennett


Do you ever feel like time has passed you by, you've wasted your past, that you are not where you want to be in life? Or is it just me? I have moments where I sit and look at my life and think, "Here I am 27 (for five days) and what have I really DONE with my life? I know at times the thought crosses my mind that I am so far away from where I want to be and what I want to be doing that there is not enough time to get there, so what is the point in even trying. Depressing? Yes, it really is. I have to remind myself that while I may not be exactly where I want to be in life, I have done so much. And really, life is not over at 27, or 30, 40, 50, or even 60. Frankly, I am kind of excited for 30. For some reason I think that at 30 maybe I will stop getting the "Oh, you're still practically a BABY!" when people find out how old I am.

I love the quote above, especially that last sentence, "You can turn over a new leaf every hour if you choose." It is never too late to start anew and have a New Beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment