Monday, March 16, 2015

Chawton and Winchester Cathedral

Wednesday of our first week in England took us to Chawton, Jane Austen's home, and Winchester Cathedral where she was buried. Karen and I are both fans of Jane Austen, so being able to see her home and her burial location was an experience we both enjoyed. Tyler was just kind of along for the ride so to speak.

Garden at Chawton.

Again with the garden.


Jane Austen's writing desk.



Winchester Cathedral




The Fire Exit signs made us laugh every time we saw them.







Seeing the place where Jane Austen did a lot of her writing and where she lived was an experience that I would definitely recommend to any fans of hers. Winchester Cathedral, in addition to being the location of her grave, is a GORGEOUS cathedral and worth the visit. Although, if I am being honest, I pretty much loved everything about England, so I would just suggest going there and seeing anything and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment