Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Opportunities in Each New Day



Well the day is still young, but I just have to say that today is a GREAT day. Starting out early I didn't think it would be. I had my ringer on on my phone so that I would hear it if I got a call from the school district to take a substituting job. I did, at a little after 5 this morning. It was for a half day of filling in for a kindergarten teacher. I declined the job, I really could not get up the courage to deal with kindergartners, even for a few hours. I got one more call about an hour and a half later, but by that time I didn't have my phone with me, so I missed it. I wound up a bit bummed that I didn't get a job for the day, and went into my, "how am I ever going to get money" panic mode. That lasted a bit, but I tried not to let it stay too long.

After making my little sister's lunch and sending her out the door, I headed on a walk with Glock, planning on starting a new batch of bananas for the dehydrator when I got back. After the walk I checked my blog statistics, and found that someone from South Africa had read my post about the First Afrikaner Feminist. Since I am easily excited when it comes to my blog and people actually READING it, the idea of someone from South Africa reading my post about a woman from South Africa totally made my day. I hope they enjoyed it, whoever they are.

Then, while I was working on the bananas one of my friends texted me and asked me if I would be willing to do her daughter's graduation pictures!! This is something I have actually been thinking about for a week or more, wondering if and where she was going to have them done. So, double whammy day already, and it isn't even ten o'clock yet.


I am trying every day to make opportunities for myself, see them around me, and take them when they come. I feel like both of these things are steps in the right direction of wherever it is that I am going on this crazy thing called life!

No comments:

Post a Comment